Export Market Development: PE-Backed Capital Equipment Manufacturer
- A private equity owned environmental capital equipment manufacturer with market-leading UK share, saw revenue and margins fall during the global financial crisis, presenting a threat to its business model and financing arrangements.
- The business was a purely domestic player.
The objective of this engagement was to determine whether export was a viable strategy, and if so to develop, gain approval for and implement export market entry.
- Mapped export market size vs addressabil
- Created and delivered the export strategy and business plan, providing the critical cash and profit that allowed the business to navigate through the recession.
- Developed the business from a purely domestic player into an internationally respected brand, frequently invited to speak at major overseas conferences.
Won the lead share of the world’s two largest waste infrastructure projects (Malaysia & Kuwait), working at ministerial level with national governments across the Middle East & Southeast Asia.